Paralegal positions are varied and unique.
Depending on where you live in the United States or Canada you may find there are quite a few paralegal employment opportunities.
Often times when a candidate graduates a paralegal program they may not know what area of law they want to work. That’s understandable because you do have many options.
Hopefully you've done an internship to help uncover the specialty you like and enjoy.
And, naturally, the more education you have the easier it will be to meet minimum qualifications.
Most positions will require a bachelor’s degree and all will want a paralegal certificate.
Unique skills will increase your earning potential.
For example, if you have world language fluency such as Spanish, German, French or Japanese you’ll be quite valuable. Language skills are in demand with a small pool of qualified applicants.
Learning a second language may very well be worth your time.
Below is a list of some paralegal and legal assistant positions. However, these jobs may not necessarily be available to recent paralegal graduates. Your education and the type of experience you possess (whether paid or volunteer) determines the availability of these jobs.
Here are paralegal positions including average paralegal salary and their geographic locations.
- Junior Litigation Paralegal (45,000 – 50,000 IL)
- Bankruptcy Litigation Paralegal (40,000 – 50,000 MD)
- Bankruptcy Paralegal (DOE East Bay)
- Bilingual Paralegal [Japanese/English] ($55.00/65.00 per hour CA)
- Bilingual Litigation Legal Assistant [French/English] (41,000 – 48,000 Canada)
- Civil Litigation Paralegal (38,000 – 44,000 MD)
- Commercial Litigation Paralegal (56,000 – 76,000 FL)
- Claims Paralegal (50,000 – 55,000 IL)
- Commercial Real Estate Paralegal (55,000 – 70,000 CO)
- Compliance Analyst (50,000 – 55,000 CO)
- Compliance/Contracts Administrator (55,000 – 60,000 CO)
- Contract Administrator/Corporate Paralegal (60,000 – 70,000 MA)
- Contract Paralegal – Securities (19.00/23.00 per hour MN)
- Contracts Administrator (80,000 – 85,000 TX)
- Corporate Paralegal (48,000 – 95,000 Washington, IL, MN, NJ, CO, CA, TX)
- Corporate Securities/M&A Paralegal (57,000 – 70,000 CO)
- Document Management Specialist/Transactional Paralegal (60,000 – 75,000 CO)
- eDiscovery Manager (103,000 – 126,000 CA)
- Family Legal Assistant (34,000 – 41,000 Canada)
- Foreclosure Paralegal (34,000 – 42,000 NY)
- Labor & Employment Paralegal (70,000 – 75,000 IL)
- Insurance Defense Paralegal (54,000 – 66,000 FL)
- Investment Securities Paralegal (75,000 – 80,000 IL)
- Junior Construction Contracts Paralegal (50,000 – 55,000 IL)
- Litigation Paralegal (45,000 – 75,000 various)
- Litigation Support Manager (54,000 – 90,000 CO, M,, MI)
- Medical Malpractice Paralegal (60,000 – 74,000 NY)
- Oil and Gas Title Paralegal (18.00/25.00 per hour TX)
- Patent Docket/Prosecution Paralegal (60,000 – 75,000 IL)
- Personal Injury Paralegal (45,000 – 56,000 FL)
- Real Estate Lending Paralegal (55,000 – 70,000 CO)
- Records/Compliance Analyst (65,000 – 85,000 NY)
- Recruiting Manager (depends on experience)
- Retail Leasing Paralegal (depends on experience)
- Securities Litigation Paralegal (depends on experience)
- Probate Paralegal (54,000 – 66,000 MN)
- Trademark Paralegal (75,000 – 85,000 Washington DC)
- Workers Compensation Paralegal (16.00/18.00 per hour MD)
As you can see, there are many different paralegal positions with some terrific salaries. It's quite possible you can enjoy a long lasting and rewarding career in the legal profession.
Top of Page
Back to Employment
Paralegal Positions Back to Paralegal-Legal-Profession.com